Property Claims Specialist
Lemonade is looking for a very motivated Property Claims Specialist to expand our highly-automated Claims Team.
We are a hip startup set to redesign insurance from the ground up to make it instant, delightful and super affordable, while promoting social impact.
The opening is in our office in Manhattan, and we are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter who will handle our fast-track Property Claims to conclusion, and handle some of our trickier Customer Care coverage questions for multiple states.
The ideal candidate is a spirited, customer-centric person, loaded with lots of positive energy and has a genuine passion for learning new things or ways an insurance company can operate.
- Serves as a business partner to Chief Claims Officer and company leadership team. (Although we have titles, we don’t pay much attention to them.)
- Help us quickly and efficiently settle low-to -moderate complexity Property Losses, such as Crime, Water, and Weather Contents losses of $0 to $10,000.
- Highly visible role includes a good deal of Claims-centric work and interaction with our Customer Care Team, Underwriting, and Business Development Teams
- Support a varied range of ad-hoc and ongoing projects/processes relating to the insurance product (App) as may be needed from time to time including support for our multi-state national expansion plans
- Salaried position with immediate availability, ability and desire to work with a unique and disruptive startup
- Fast learner, self driven with willingness to roll up your sleeves (if you choose to wear sleeves)
- 3-5 Years of Personal Lines Property (Home, Renters, Condo) claim-handling experience, in Dwelling, Contents, and ALE
- Must be licensed as an Property Adjuster in NY, CA, FL or other; Lemonade fully supports CEs and state reciprocity
- 4 Year College Degree is a must; tech-savvy skill set would be a plus
- Lots of attention and care to detail, and experience working with some large national property service vendors; vendor management experience a plus
- Comfortable with and adaptable to new technology and business tools
- Working with individuals in different time zones and cultures
- Highly available, dependable hard worker
- We have no dress code, bureaucracy or political crap
- Competitive salary, benefits
- We operate from two offices - one in Manhattan and one in Tel Aviv, Israel
- We’re a tech startup doing insurance as a licensed property casualty company
- Lemonade is the only company doing insurance incorporated as a Public Benefit Corporation. That means we're committed to high standards of transparency and social impact, not just profit, and we support your volunteerism.
- We practice radical transparency and mutual trust
- We love different, creative and smart people who take pride in what they do